Monday, November 10, 2008

Chasing Shadows At Midnight

Disclaimer: A collection of different musicians and bands will be cited amidst my work here.

They say the pursuit begins when this portrayal of life ends. If the portrayal of life mentioned refers to the lives we all lead daily, then the pursuit seems too far gone of a conclusion. The days pass, the nights are long, yet I still haven't found what I am looking for. With the silver medal draped around my neck, I long for that gold medal, so far beyond my grasp. The pencil lay stationary, having given way to the keyboard that lays before me. Maybe I'm just not seeing the writing on the walls.

The words flow much more freely when you've been wronged that when you're done right. The knife, still lodged in my back, reminds me that I'm human. Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer, right? Why is it that I have to beg, when all that is left is a memory forsaken? I'm left in pieces by the mere thought of it. The memory forsaken is truly fractured, in that the lines between the good times and bad have now been marred by trivial acts of deception.

It's a painful pursuit, wanting to be words on the pages of a diary of the one you long for. It's only when the numb sets in that you realize it shall never be, that the lies are all that remain of a once solid relationship. The numb takes us through the night, when we chase the ever-elusive shadows at the strike of 12. Despite our most valiant efforts, the shadows can not be obtained, for they are merely silhouettes of our deepest desires. The pursuit begins when this portrayal of life ends. As a result, the broken hearts are left with scars, because of the lies, and all this time it's felt like chasing shadows at midnight.



Musicians referenced: Evans Blue, U2, David Cook, Underoath, P.O.D., Skillet, Red, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Pillar


"pretending I don't feel misplaced is so much simpler than change."

jude

1 comment:

Jaxie Scream said...

... so much simpler than change.