Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Awake and Alive

"I'm at war with the world and they
Try to pull me into the dark
I struggle to find my faith
As I'm slipping from your arms

It's getting harder to stay awake
And my strength is fading fast
You breathe into me at last

I'm awake I'm alive
Now I know what I believe inside
Now it's my time
I'll do what I want 'cause this is my life
Here, right now
I'll stand my ground and never back down
I know what I believe inside
I'm awake and I'm alive

I'm at war with the world cause I
Ain't never gonna sell my soul
I've already made up my mind
No matter what I can't be bought or sold

When my faith is getting weak
And I feel like giving in
You breathe into me again

Waking up waking up

In the dark
I can feel you in my sleep
In your arms I feel you breathe into me
Forever hold this heart that I will give to you
Forever I will live for you"

Skillet, Awake and Alive, Awake


I write this missive as a statement, a pledge to myself and to my God.

I will not be brought down by negativity, disagreement over spirituality, religion, race, creed, gender or anything else that could be viewed as divisive. I will not be sucked into political discussion, for it is an argument that can never truly be won. I will not be told what to believe. I will not force what I believe is right down anyone's throat.

No longer will the darkness of the world affect me, nor will I allow anyone, and I mean anyone, to force said darkness upon me. No longer will I perpetuate the darkness through my words, actions, and thoughts.

For those of you who are too busy wrapped up in these types of degradation, I have only one thing to say- "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" - Matthew 7:3

If Jesus was here today, and He aligned himself with the Democratic Party, would you Republicans say that His ways were wrong? What if He aligned Himself with the GOP? Would you Democrats call him stupid and uneducated? Let us not forget that Jesus was the King of Kings, and the royal color is purple - red and blue mixed.

If Jesus, the One who sacrificed Himself for us, could love everyone unconditionally, and we as the Body of Christ cannot emulate that love, then His death can be viewed as a death in vain. Care to prove me wrong? Stop living in the darkness. Stop all the hate. Stop all the fighting. Don't live as Christians, live as Disciples of Christ.

I'm at war with the world, and they try to pull me into the dark. However, I'm awake, I'm alive, I know what I believe inside. Now, it's my time, I'll do what I want, because this is my life. Here, and right now, I'll stand my ground, and never back down, I know what I believe inside, I'm awake and I'm alive.

No comments: